Office Hours: By appointment
Dr. Caer Hallundbaek is a consummate educator, writer and communicator. She has worked for TIME, NBC, HBO, and PBS National, and brings to her classes over 30 years of diverse leadership experience. Since 2015, Caer has taught creative and business writing courses for the Department of English; leadership courses for the Honors Program; and now teaches UST 300 in the Bachelor of University Studies program.
First published at 17, she is a member of the Authors Guild and her books include the bestseller “Dear Little One: Thoughts to My Child in an Uncertain World,” which won the 2021 First Place Non-Fiction prize from TopShelf. She is a founding director of the Godspeed Institute in coastal Maine and is widely known as the host of their “Godspeed Institute” podcasts.
Caer enjoys pioneering new frontiers in thought, encouraging open conversation, and shining a light on innovation. She holds a BFA from New York University, a Master’s in theology and religious studies from Fordham University, and a Doctorate of Education from Creighton University.
Research Interests: Spirituality
- ENG 205 Intro to Creative Writing
- ENG 317 Business & Technical Writing
- UST 300 Core Course in Univ Studies
- (2018) Dear Little One: Thoughts to My Child in an Uncertain World
- (2013) Inspired Relationships: 7 Saints’ Real-Life Lessons on How to Live, Love and Work
- (2000) There is No Klingon or Vulcan in Christ: How the Crew on the Bridge of the Enterprise Embody the Dream of Spiritual Community
- 2021 First Place, Non-Fiction Award from Top Shelf Literary Magazine: ‘Dear Little One: Thoughts to My Child in an Uncertain World’
- 2019 Presenter, “Reclaiming a Culture of Peace and Non-Violence” Conference, University of Maine
- 2016 Presenter, “Globalizing the Humanities” Conference, University of Pittsburgh
- 2016 Nominated, Martin E. Marty Public Understanding of Religion Award, Godspeed Institute
- 2014 Nominated, Martin E. Marty Public Understanding of Religion Award, Godspeed Institute
- 2008 Nominated, Christopher Award, for book ‘Inspired Relationships’
- 2008 Nominated, 2 Catholic Press Association awards for ‘Inspired Relationships’
- 2003 Winner, First Place, Columnist, Newspaper Series, ‘Soul Proprietors’
- 2003 Winner, First Place, Television, Education Producer, Maine PBS